Stunning first set of GCSE results
Students at The City Academy, Hackney have achieved a set of truly exceptional results.
- 82% achieved 5 or more A* – C grades including English and maths, 20% above the national average
- 91% achieved 5 or more A* – C grades overall
- 66% achieved the English Baccalaureate
- 30% achieved 5 or more A*- A grades
The City Academy, Hackney’s first cohort of students took their GCSE exams this summer; 82% of students achieved 5 or more A*- C grades (including English and maths), more than 20% above the national average.
I am delighted to invite you to consider The City Academy, Hackney as your preferred choice of secondary school for your child.
We are a unique 11-18 school with extremely high expectations, which promotes independent thinking through creative and engaging learning experiences. The academy has been recognised as a centre of excellence in every respect. We expect students to work hard and to show dedication and commitment to the academy’s rules. In return, The City Academy, Hackney provides an excellent education in terms of examination success, sporting achievement and creative opportunities.
Working for The City Academy, Hackney
Since opening in 2009, we have been building our team of dedicated staff year-on-year and we are currently looking to recruit for the following vacancies:
- Marketing and Communications Officer
- Senior Leadership Support Administrator
- MFL Teacher – Spanish with French
- Key Stage 3 Learning Coordinator (Deputy SENCO)
- Numeracy Intervention Teacher (with home tuition)
- Maths Teacher